These 5 exercises will help you recover your waist after the holidays
The safe means of getting rid of extra inches at the waist are considered to be the rotation of the hoop, constant retraction of the abdomen and the use of a corset. I will disappoint you: these methods will not become magic pills. I will explain why.
Excess body fat is not removed locally. To reduce the size of the waist, it is necessary to reduce the total percentage of fat in the body. And for this, you need to make sure that the calorie intake exceeds your intake. To increase caloric expenditure, you’ll need to move more, add cardio and strength training. A balanced diet will help reduce calorie intake.
It is simply impossible to constantly draw on the stomach – this provokes spasms in the diaphragm, negatively affects the functioning of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs. The same applies to wearing a corset. Better to strengthen the muscle corset. For example, with these exercises.
– Lying on your back, raise both legs so that the hip and knee joints are bent at a 90 degree angle.
– Check the neutral position of the body: the back of the head, the thoracic spine and lower ribs, the sacrum are well pressed to the floor. There should be a small (!) distance to the floor under the lower back.
– Alternately lower the legs, you cannot unfold the knees. Move at a comfortable pace so that you have time to control the neutral position. The lower ribs should remain pressed against the floor, the lower back also remains in its original position.
– The minimum number of repetitions is 10, but it is better to do 20-24.
These 5 exercises will help you recover your waist after the holidays (Photo 1)
– After completing the dead bug exercise, leave one foot on the ground and, pressing the heel firmly into the ground, slide away from you and towards you.
– Attention: sliding will cause the lower back to sink. Don’t give up, stay neutral and pull your lower back ribs toward the ground.
– Do 15 repetitions with each leg.
These 5 exercises will help you recover your waist after the holidays (Photo 2)
SIDE BAR WITH ROTATION
– Get into a side plank position. Place your supporting hand under your shoulder. Aligns the body, maintaining the natural curves of the spine. Extend your upper arm toward the ceiling.
– Expand the thoracic region, directing the upper hand below the lower ribs, as if threading a needle. Try to stabilize your pelvis. Imagine that there is a glass of water on it: visualization helps to be more precise when performing this exercise.
– After the rotation, return to the starting position.
– Do 10-12 repetitions on each side.
These 5 exercises will help you recover your waist after the holidays (Photo 3)
DYNAMIC BAR WITH ROTATION
– Get on the board. The hands are under the shoulders, the legs are straight, the back is in a neutral position.
– Raise one leg, bend the knee and rotate the pelvis – you will rotate the lower body.
– Perform the exercise alternately with the right and left leg, up to 30 repetitions in total.
– The rhythm is dynamic, but enough to control the technique.
These 5 exercises will help you recover your waist after the holidays (Photo 4)
– Assume a sitting position, lean your body back and raise your legs so that together with your body they form the letter V.
Stretch your arms forward and find your balance. It is important not to sag in the lower back and maintain a neutral position.
– Expands the chest alternately to the right and left. If you feel that you are losing your balance, it is better to stop and rest, and on the next approach complete the remaining repetitions.
– Perform 15 repetitions on each side, alternating turns to the right and left.
These 5 exercises will help you recover your waist after the holidays (Photo 5)