This is the first official visit by the Chinese leader since his re-election for a third term.
Presidential adviser Yuri Ushakov explained how Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Moscow from March 20-22 will take place. By the way, this is the first official trip of the Chinese leader after his re-election for a third term.
– On Monday afternoon, Putin and President Xi will have a bilateral tête-à-tête meeting. They will have dinner together. We attach great importance to an informal and closed conversation: the most sensitive issues in relations between the two countries will be considered, including the international agenda, the adviser noted.
He clarified that on Tuesday, March 21, there will be two more meetings: one in a narrow format, the second in full.
Judging by the fact that only Deputy Chairman of the Security Council Dmitry Medvedev, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, Director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Dmitry Shugaev, Head of Roscosmos Yuri Borisov and a number of other officials will attend the first talks with the President, it is planned to discuss exactly the issues associated with the army.
The second meeting will be held in full force with all the deputy prime ministers and key ministers.
– It is about the strategic interaction of two partners who trust each other, – explained Ushakov.
The heads of state will sign two documents. One is about “deepening the comprehensive partnership in a new era.” The second is called: “Joint statement on the development plan for key areas of Russian-Chinese economic cooperation until 2030.”
The presidential adviser did not rule out that politicians also discuss the conflict in Ukraine:
– We highly appreciate the restrained position of the Chinese leadership. I am sure that our leader and the Chinese leader will exchange their assessments in the context of the conflict in Ukraine, he said.
By the way, just before the visit to Moscow, Putin and Xi will publish their articles in official national newspapers. Vladimir Vladimirovich’s article in Chinese will be published by Renmin Ribao. President Xi’s material will be published in Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
But Ushakov himself considers this a formality.
– The articles will have an official focus – you will not discover America from them. But negotiations can! Therefore, it is important that leaders meet in person and not communicate through journalists, the adviser said.
During the inauguration of the Big Circle metro line in Moscow, Putin mentioned that he would like to show it to the Chinese. After all, the longest in the world. But Ushakov assured that there was no subway trip on the program of the leader of the People’s Republic of China.
– The peculiarities are that there will be no additional protocol functions. The main thing is negotiations, negotiations, negotiations, – assured Ushakov.
Xi Jinping goes to Russia: why the Moscow-Beijing partnership causes panic in the West
The West feared Xi Jinping’s upcoming visit to Russia (more)