Date: March 19, 2023 Time: 21:58:23
Two temple thrones were consecrated: the upper one in honor of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God and the lower one in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Mother of God.
Church builders, employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, cadets of the Academy of the State Fire Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, Orthodox youth took part in the service.
As a gift for the new temple, Patriarch Kirill donated the icon of the Mother of God “Tenderness”, and the icons of the Smolensk Mother of God were distributed to the faithful.
At the beginning of the 20th century, there was a chapel in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Mother of God in the village of Davydkovo. The chapel was closed in the 1930s. In 1958 a kerosene store was installed in it, in the 80s of the last century the chapel was demolished.
In July 2014, within the framework of the Program for the Construction of Orthodox Churches in Moscow in the Fili-Davydkovo district, public hearings on the construction of the Smolensk Church were held. Later, the community built on this site a temporary wooden church in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Mother of God.
The construction of the stone temple began in October 2016 and at the end of 2020, the year in which the 30th anniversary of the Russian Emergencies Ministry was celebrated, the construction work was finished.
On August 10, 2021, by order of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill, the Smolensk Church received the status of the main church from the Ministry of Emergency Situations.